-> SharePoint Event Planning Template
SharePoint Event Planning Template
Description of Template
The Event Planning SharePoint template allows event attendees to register for sessions offered during the event. Visitors to the site sign in, self-selecting whether they are an Attendee, Guest, Event Planner, Speaker, Staff or Vendor. Once they have completed their profile, they proceed to the Event Calendar, which lists the sessions that are available to them. To register for a session, attendees click on the button to ‘add’ the event to their personal calendar. They can also visit role-specific site pages, which list role-specific sessions and announcements added by the event organizers.
Activities Performed in this Application Template
- Creation of Event Sessions: The event organizer begins by adding sessions to the event schedule. The organizer adds te session title, ID and location as well as the date and time. Next, the organizer selects the roles that are relevant to this particular session. Selecting the ‘important event’ check box displays this event in an ‘important event’ list on a role specific session listing site. After typing in the session description, the organizer clicks OK to add the session to the event calendar.
- Listing of Sessions on Event Calendar: Once all sessions are entered, the event calendar shows a complete listing of the sessions. Event attendees can click on any of the session to read a description, find out who the speaker is or where the session is being held.
- Role Based Sites: Each role, such as attendee, speaker or guest, has a specific ‘home page’ which uses filters to show only relevant information. Attendees, for example, can use this page to view announcements and sessions that are relevant to them. They see a separate listing of ‘important events’ and can also add any event to their personal calendar by clicking “Add”.
- Registration for Sessions: When an attendee clicks “Add”, custom workflow adds the session to the personal calendar. From the personal calendar, attendees can view the sessions and remove them if a conflict has occurred.
- Personal Calendar: The personal calendar lists registered sessions. Attendees can view the calendar by day, week or month as well as a full listing of registered sessions. By clicking on an event, an attendee can choose to delete the item or have it exported to an iCalendar (.icf) file which can be imported into a Calendar program such as Microsoft Office Outlook.
Site Lists and Libraries
Information Documentation: This library holds documents that give additional information to event attendees or other visitors to the site.
Site Pages: This library holds the role specific sites that are filtered to show relevant information.
Announcements: The Announcements list is used to target announcements to specific roles.
Event Schedule: The event schedule list is used to track event sessions.
Personal Schedule: The personal schedule list is used to track attendees’ registered sessions.
Roles: A list of the roles used for the current event.