-> Request for Proposal Template
Request for Proposal Template
Description of Template
The Request for Proposal (RFP) SharePoint 2013 template helps teams manage the process of creating RFPs and collecting proposals from vendors. Team members can use the site to upload request information, track its status and assign ownership to an apprpriate site team member. Responses can be tracked and organized by adding responding vendor information, uploading proposals received and tracking the whether a proposal is in review, rejected or accepted.
In addition, the site serves as a central repository for common documents related to proposals, such as a Statement of Work and RFP documentation and proposals received from vendors. Using the Group Discussion capabilities of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, team members can discuss proposals received using and can view these discussions through an RSS reader such as the one provided with Microsoft Office Outlook®.
Activities Performed in this Application Template
- Create Vendor Information: Vendors who submit proposals can be added to the site including vendor information such as name, contact information and detailed notes. This enables team members to assign proposals received to a particular vendor, enabling simplified organization of the proposals submitted.
- Create a Request for Proposal: Team members can use the site to capture information about RFPs. The site allows for uploading of detailed RFP documents and creation of an item that links these documents to the RFP title, description, owner, due date and status. Once a request is created, it is saved and can be viewed on the main page or within the user specific My RFP pages on the site. As the status for an RFP changes, for example from Initiated to Reviewing Proposals, a team member returns to this page to update the Status of the RFP.
- Manage Proposals Received from Vendors: As vendors submit their proposals, team members can use the system to upload the documents and track the status of proposals. Upon completing an upload, the user completes the fields to correctly categorize and identify the proposal, entering vendor submitted the proposal, the date received, which RFP it is covering and whether the proposal is being reviewed, accepted or rejected. Once this information is completed, the site categorizes the proposals by RFP as well as by vendor, enabling simplified organization of proposals received. Users can also view all data regarding a certain proposal on a single page, including description, owner, deadline and current proposals received.
- Statements of Work: Once a proposal is accepted, the site enables the team to upload a statement of work, which can be attributed to a particular RFP. The statement of work can be any type of document and can be used to track agreed upon details of how the work is to be performed, milestones and deadlines for performance.
- Discussion Management: The site also includes the capability to centrally host discussions regarding a particular RFP. Members can create discussion topics that site members can then reply to. The discussions are viewable by all other members of the team.
Users also have the capability of viewing the discussions through an RSS reader such as the one provided in Office Outlook. When a reply is added, Office Outlook synchronizes with the site, providing a direct link to the discussion to simplify the process of tracking discussion entering a reply.
Site Lists and Libraries
Please register to receive your template.
Proposals: This Document Library stores the RFP proposals made by vendors
Request Documents: This Document Library store supporting documents pertaining to an RFP
Statements of Work: This Document Library stores the final “Statement of Work” pertaining to an RFP
RFP Requests: This list stores the individual requests for proposal
Vendors: This list tracks the vendors who have submitted a proposal for a particular RFP
Team Discussion: Use the team discussion list to hold newsgroup-style discussions
Tasks: Use the Tasks list to track work that your team needs to complete
Back to SharePoint Templates