-> Team Work Site Template
Team Work Site Template
Description of Template
The Team Work Site SharePoint 2013 template helps facilitate the action items, team discussions and sub-team creation process that is necessary for successful teams to operate. The site is created at a department level, with sub-teams created for each specific team. For example, the Product and Marketing Department might have a Marketing Collateral Planning and Creation sub-team as well as a Product Development Planning sub-team. The site allows for team members to be ‘assigned’ to these sub-teams, as well as for automated creation of sub-team meeting sites used to facilitate sub-team meetings. Documents can be uploaded and tagged with the appropriate sub-team as can Action Items, Meetings and Team Discussions. Users of the site have a single location that lists their sub-team’s Reference Documents, Action Items, Meeting Times and Sub-team discussions, which can also be viewed via an RSS reader such as the one provided in Microsoft Office Outlook®.
Activities Performed in this Application Template
- Create Sub-Teams: As the responsibilties of any team morph, new sub-teams are created while others dissolve. The Team Work Template helps manage that process by enabling creation of sub-teams as well as automated creation of sub-team sites. When the need for a sub-team arises, a team member clicks “New” to create a subteam. The sub-team title, member list and description is entered and the default status of “Active” is kept. This status can be changed later on as the sub-team dissolves and needs to be hidden on the site.
- Creation of Meetings and Sub-Team Meeting Sites: Once a sub-team is created, it is often the next step to create a recurring meeting and meeting site for that sub-team to coordinate their tasks and actions. Users create a new meeting, selecting the date, whether the meeting is recurring and which sub-team the meeting supports. Users also select whether they would like a separate Meeting Workspace to be created. If the check box is ticked, a user is prompted to name the selected type of Meeting Workspace, which is then automatically generated. The Meeting Workspace can be used to track objectives, agenda, attendees and documents needed for each recurring meeting.
- Listing of Reference Documents: The site includes the capabiltiy to upload documents, again assigning them to a particular sub-team. All site documents can be viewed as a list, with the sub-teams listed. Alternatively, sub-team members can view the relevant reference documents by viewing them through the sub-team detail page.
- Creation of Action Items: From the Sub-Team page or the main page, Action Items can be created and assigned to membes of the site. In addition, Action Items are tagged with the appropriate sub-team, which enables sub-team members to automatically filter them to see only those relevant to their sub-teams.
- Site Based Discussions: The Team Work Site enables sub-team users to create and discuss topics online. Users create a post, tagging it with the appropriate sub-team. Other sub-team members can post their replies for the entire team to se by using the ‘reply’ button. Users also have the capability of reading posts within an RSS Reader such as the one provided with Office Outlook. Instead of forcing users to visit the site to track updates, Office Outlook synchronizes the discussions, allowing sub-team members to read new posts, forward the discussion to an email address, or click the ‘view article’ link to access the Team Work Site and post a reply.
Site Lists and Libraries
Please register to receive your template.
Reference Documents: Share a document with the team, including selection of sub-team.
Action Items: Lists tasks including responsible user and relevant sub-team.
Announcements: Use the Announcements lists to post messages on the site’s home page.
Links: Use this list to post links to sites relevant to the team or sub-team.
Meetings: Use the Meetings list to schedule sub-team meetings and track sub-team sites.
Sub-Teams: Use this list to track sub teams as well as to view all sub-team related content on the site, including meetings, tasks, sub-team sites and sub-team discussions.
Team Discussion: Use the Team Discussion list to hold newsgroup-style discussions.
Back to SharePoint Templates